In the final installment of our restoration We show how we made the replacement knobs and give a final overview of the completed restoration.
One point I want to clarify. In one of the videos I misspoke and it sounded like the chassis was not hot. What I did was make sure it wasn’t hot when the power was turned off and then I also installed a safety cap to make sure if the filter cap failed it would not fail to a short.
Over all we are very happy with the outcome and think we did justice to this restoration. We learned a lot and hope to apply those lesions to future restorations.
At our local August club meeting, we presented the restored radio to our friend and he seemed to be very happy with it. We have several more Hallicrafters radios to restore, so look for future videos on those.